The Columban Missionaries are a Roman Catholic organization whose members work for the spread of the Christian message in Asian and South American countries.
Supporting communities of Christian faith, relieving poverty and hardship, promoting dialogue and reconciliation among people of different races, cultures and religions, and caring for the natural environment are the principle activities of our members.
Job title: Housekeeping Assistant
Contract length: Permanent
Part-time hours: Part time: 13 hours per week to be worked over 4 days.
9:00am-12:00pm – Mondays Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
9:00am-1:00pm – Fridays.
Salary: £10 per hour
Working as a member of the Housekeeping Team, under the supervision of the Housekeeper and the House Manager. You will perform a range of housekeeping duties for the residents of the main house and retirement wing at St Columban’s House in Solihull.
- Laundry duties and servicing of the bedrooms and communal areas in both the retirement wing and in the main house, including the ballroom. These duties will be allocated by the Housekeeper or, in her absence, by the House Manager.
- Cooking lunch on Wednesdays/Fridays and on other days to assist with preparation of food in the kitchen for residents and guests as well as occasional small or large groups. This may also entail the preparation and cleaning/tidying of the dinning room and/or conference hall before and after meals.
- General good standard of literacy & numeracy
- A minimum of NVQ level I or equivalent
- Training relevant to the role’s main duties and responsibilities
Skills and aptitudes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and diligence
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to manage tasks efficiently and effectively
- Knowledge and ability of operating various cleaning and kitchen equipment
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to maintain poise under pressure
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility, integrity, and approachability
- A self-motivated individual who has the ability to take initiative
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in working within a similar environment.
Please use the application form and process to demonstrate how you fit the person specification and your ability to perform the key responsibilities of the role.