The Society of St. Columban is a Roman Catholic organization whose members work for the spread of the Christian message in Asian, European, and South American countries.
Supporting communities of Christian faith, relieving poverty and hardship, promoting dialogue and reconciliation among people of different races, cultures, and religions, and caring for the natural environment are the principal activities of our members.
- Job title – Regional Bursar
- Contract length: permanent contract
- Part-time hours: 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday (includes half hour lunch break)
- Salary: £22,000 – £26,000 p.a. (Full Time Equivalent Salary £30,000 – £35,000 p.a.)
The incumbent should be a self-motivated person with a versatile approach. The successful candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills. He/she must be a problem solver and an effective team player. In addition, the incumbent should be approachable and must maintain high level of accuracy, confidentiality, and integrity.
Providing exemplary financial management and support to the Trustees and employees of the Society of St. Columban in Britain. Manage all financial and accounting practices of the Charity.
- Manage payroll system.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns.
- Administration and management of SAGE accounting system.
- Prepare annual financial accounts and statutory returns.
- Manage invoices and receipts.
- Oversee day-to-day cash management.
- Manage Charity accounts.
- Maintenance of financial records.
- Manage annual budget and financial statements.
- Handle annual financial audits.
- Financial management of the Charity’s property and buildings.
- Manage charity purchases and inventory.
- Prepare regular financial reports for the Regional Director, the Trustees and budget holders.
- Financial planning and preparation of cash flow forecast reports.
- AAT level 4 (professional diploma in accounting) or equivalent is a minimum requirement.
- Additional qualifications or training relevant to the role’s purpose and key responsibilities.
- Strong experience of payroll systems.
- Working experience of SAGE accounting system.
- Solid finance experience within a similar environment.
- Employment/volunteering in a charity or Catholic organisation.
- Experience of working in a small office/team
- Sound knowledge of Charity financial and statutory laws.
- Sound knowledge of financial and Charity practices.
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church and the charitable aims of the Columbans.
Skills and aptitudes
- Knowledge of relevant Finance policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the best practice on various accounting activities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports.
- The ability to research, analyse and reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.
- Experience in providing advice and support to senior managers.
- The ability to organise and manage your time effectively.
- Maintain poise under pressure
- Enthusiastic & friendly
- Proactive and takes initiative.
Please use the application form and process to demonstrate how you fit the person specification and your ability to perform the key responsibilities of the role.
How to apply
Please download and complete the job application form and send this by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We plan to hold interviews in the week beginning 21st June 2021.
Application deadline extended to 18/06/2021
To find out more about the role please email email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible.