The Columban Missionaries are a Roman Catholic organization whose members work for the spread of the Christian message in Asian and South American countries.
Supporting communities of Christian faith, relieving poverty and hardship, promoting dialogue and reconciliation among people of different races, cultures and religions, and caring for the natural environment are the principle activities of our members.
Job title: Fundraising and Office Administrator
Full-time hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,000-27,000 (exact salary will be agreed with the successful candidate- based on experience and qualifications)
Providing exemplary administration support to the Missionary Society of Saint Columban (the Charity) in Britain, based in the Mission Office at St. Columban’s House, Solihull. You will use and develop skills and experience gained in similar roles to assist primarily in the administration of fundraising and marketing activities, and to serve the administration needs of the Mission Office and the Charity.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Mission Office Administrator and in collaboration with the Mission Office Team, the Fundraising & Office Administrator will participate in and contribute primarily to the following duties:
General Administrative Tasks
1. Welcome, guide and assist visitors to the Mission Office. This includes deliveries/collections by couriers and other services, suppliers and maintenance visits, and members of the general public wishing to donate, request a Mass, meet with a priest or any other purpose.
2. Answer the telephone. This includes transferring calls, passing on messages, taking credit/debit card payments, responding to enquiries and updating donor records in the Mission Office customer relationship management database (Donorflex).
3. Monitor Mission Office email accounts, in particular firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes forwarding emails, responding to enquiries and updating donor records in the Mission Office customer relationship management database (Donorflex).
4. Data entry of donations, creating and updating donor records and responding to donor enquiries received by post (direct mail) and via promotional or sponsored events.
5. Maintenance and replacement of office equipment, including IT and telephone systems to serve the needs of the Mission Office and the Solihull House.
6. Order and manage stock of stationery, office supplies and fundraising/marketing resources.
7. Administration of room hire for meetings and events held at St. Columban’s House, Solihull. This includes handling enquiries, formalising the booking, keeping a diary, and briefing the ‘event organiser’.
8. Maintain and update the reception area, including the Visitor’s Log, health & safety supplies (e.g. First Aid kits), and Columban promotional items on display.
9. Provide secretarial and administration support to the Regional Director, Bursar, Mission Office Administrator, The Prayer Trust and to the Columban community.
10. Participate in meetings of the Mission Office staff and undertake tasks and duties that arise which contribute to effective and efficient administration in the Mission Office.
Tasks related to the Planning & Administration of the Annual Mission Appeals
1. Research and update parish and diocese records in Donorflex
2. Contact parishes to invite their participation in the Annual Mission Appeal
3. Co-ordinate with parishes and the Mission Appeals Team to arrange suitable dates for Appeals
4. Procurement of supplies and equipment for the Mission Appeals
5. Organise regular Mission Appeals Team meetings, report progress and circulate minutes
6. Provide notice of Appeals to Columban supporters and facilitate home visits
7. Co-ordinate and assist in the processing and fulfilment of Mission Appeal returns in Donorflex, including parish collections, named donations and Far East magazine requests
8. Work with the Communications Officer to promote Columban involvement in the Mission Appeals
9. Report to the Catholic Missionary Union, the national organiser of the Annual Mission Appeal
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths (grade C or above)
- Business Administration Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Additional qualifications/training in administration, customer service or marketing is desirable
Skills and aptitudes:
- Competency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Accuracy, attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Confidence in building relationships with various stakeholders
- Competency in Donorflex or similar CRM database systems
- Competency in Office 365
- Knowledge and understanding of office telephone systems
- Confident and courteous with people on the telephone, in person and in correspondence by letter and e-mail
- A team player who also demonstrates the ability to work independently when needed
- Willing to learn and adapt to new ways of working
- Responsible for undertaking core learning for the role
- Ambitious, innovative, target driven and self-motivated
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience of office-based administration work
- Reception/front of house experience
- Organising meetings or events
- Employment or volunteering within a Charity
- Office filing systems
Please use the application form and process to demonstrate how you fit the person specification and your ability to perform the key responsibilities of the role.
How to apply
Please download and complete the job application form and send this to our HR Advisor: email@example.com.
Application deadline: Midnight on Sunday 5th November 2023
To find out more about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible.