The Missionary Society of St. Columban in Britain, based in Solihull, is seeking a reliable and hardworking individual to assist primarily, in the administration of fundraising and marketing activities, and to serve the administration needs of the Mission Office and the Charity.
The Columban Missionaries are a Roman Catholic organization whose members work for the spread of the Christian message in Asian and South American countries.
Supporting communities of Christian faith, relieving poverty and hardship, promoting dialogue and reconciliation among people of different races, cultures and religions, and caring for the natural environment are the principle activities of our members.
Job title: Administration Assistant
Contract length: Fixed term for 12 months
Days/Hours: 22 hours per week (days and hours to be discussed with the shortlisted candidates)
Salary: £10,868 pro rata (£18,525 full time equivalent)
Under the guidance and supervision of the Mission Office Administrator, the Administration Assistant will use and develop skills to assist primarily, in the administration of fundraising and marketing activities, and to serve the administration needs of the Mission Office and the Charity.
- Data entry of donations, creating and updating donor records and responding to donor enquiries received by post (direct mail) and via promotional and sponsored events.
- Answer the telephone. This includes transferring calls, passing on messages, taking credit/debit card payments, responding to enquiries and updating donor records in the Mission Office customer relationship management database (Donorflex).
- Monitor Mission Office email accounts, in particular firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes forwarding emails, responding to enquiries and updating donor records in the Mission Office customer relationship management database (Donorflex).
- Maintenance of the telephone system to serve the needs of the Mission Office and the Solihull House.
- Design and order promotional items, stationery and office supplies (e.g. calendar).
- Maintenance of our Purchase Ordering System using Sage 50 Cloud Software.
- Sale of merchandise (e.g. Subanen Christmas Cards), including ordering and monitoring stock, promotion/advertising, processing and sending orders.
- Welcome, guide and assist visitors to the Mission Office. This includes deliveries/collections by couriers and other services, suppliers and maintenance visits, and members of the general public wishing to donate, request a Mass, purchase items for sale, or meet with a priest.
- Maintain and update the reception area and welcome desk, including the Visitor’s Log, health & safety supplies, and Columban promotional items on display.
- Administration of room hire for meetings and events held at St. Columban’s House, Solihull. This includes handling enquiries, formalising the booking, keeping a diary, and briefing the ‘event organiser’.
- Provide secretarial and administration support to the Regional Director, Bursar, Mission Office Administrator and to the Columban community.
- Participate in meetings of the Mission Office staff and undertake tasks and duties that arise which contribute to effective and efficient administration in the Mission Office.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths (grade C or above)
- Desirable is a Business Administration Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience
Skills and competencies:
- Competency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Accuracy, attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Confidence in building relationships with various stakeholders
- A minimum of 2 years of experience of administration work
Special Aptitudes and knowledge:
- Special aptitudes and knowledge
- Confident and courteous with people on the telephone, in person and in correspondence by letter and e-mail
- A team player
- Willing to learn and adapt to new ways of working
- Responsible for undertaking core learning for the role
- Ambitious, innovative, target driven and self-motivated
- Empathy with the charitable aims of the Columban Missionaries. Discover at: www.columbans.co.uk
- An additional week of holiday
- The Charity grants up to 4 discretionary days of holiday over the Christmas period when the office is closed
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Discretionary paid compassionate leave and Occupational Sick Pay
- Flexible working hours
- Invitation to charity conferences and webinars
- Free parking on site
- Unlimited tea and coffee
- Close to Widney Manor Train Station (0.6 miles)
Please use the application form and process to demonstrate how you fit the person specification and your ability to perform the key responsibilities of the role.
How to apply
Please download and complete the Administration Assistant Job Application Form and send this by email to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Midnight on Wednesday 1st June 2022
To find out more about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible.